[ltp] Mandrake 9 - Thinkpad 600e - Sound Howto

Kyle Hamar linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:46:48 -0600

>The above is what sndconfig dumped
>in modules.conf.
>IIRC I only modified the dma from 0 to 1.
>Volume and clarity is far superior to generic cs4232 driver

Are you also able to play wav files? If so, with which application. What
about MIDI?

*** Your patch has provided me with sound, thank you! *** But I can only
play .au files for some reason in sound recorder. No microphone support either.

BTW, I forwarded some setup info to a guru over at the Alsa-user list for
comment. Perhaps he can recommend some changes for the better.

Kyle