[ltp] hibernation problem

Joel Uckelman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 16:12:22 -0600

I've been having a peculiar problem with hibernation on my Thinkpad 560E.
The first time I try to hibernate (using either Fn-12 or 'tpctl -H') it
works fine. However, subsequent attempts to hibernate (without rebooting)
all fail unless I first read from or write to /dev/fd0. Doing something as
simple as 'echo 1 >/dev/fd0' makes hibernation work again, even if I have
no floppy drive connected. (I figured this out by reading a post by someone
who got hibernation to work by loading his kernel module for his floppy
drive each time. I don't have a module for floppy drives, so I took a guess
that trying to use the floppy would yield the same results.)

It seems weird that the floppy drive would have anything to do with
hibernation. Does anyone know why this is happening? Or how to fix it?

--
J.