[ltp] [Fwd: Debian Sarge, XFree86 4.2, Thinkpad 770ED, 2.4.19-686 (unpatched)]

Neal Lippman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
25 Nov 2002 20:29:23 -0500

I have exactly the same problem with my thinkpad 770ED - X worked fine
at version 4.1.0 under debian woody, but when I upgraded to sarge with X
4.2.1 I have a similar hosing. On the starting screen with kdm running,
the background looks solarized as Darin reports.

Once I log in, the background is a fairly homegenous blue (albeit an
ugly shade). However, title bars on windows (KDE) and buttons, the
kpanel display, etc, show stripes across them that are just plain wrong.
Icons on the desk top appear pixilated, as well.

I've tried commenting out most of the loaded modules in my XF86Config-4,
just to see if one of them is broken, without any improvement.

My XF config file uses the "trident" driver, and for the monitor I have
HorizSync = 28-49 and VertRefresh as 43-72, with DPMS on as a option (I
wonder if I should try getting rid of DPMS?). I am running at a
DefaultDepth of 16, 1024x768 resolution.

nl

Any thoughts/help?