[ltp] [Fwd: Debian Sarge, XFree86 4.2, Thinkpad 770ED - followup

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:34:33 -0500

On 25 Nov 2002 21:12:46 -0500
Neal Lippman <nl@lippman.org> wrote:

> Followup info: well, a little more googling, and I found the answer. For
> anyone else having the same problem, d/l the new trident drive at
> www.xfree86.org/~alanh, and replace the existing driver with the new
> one. Shutdown/poweroff, reboot, and you are in business.

Out of curiousity, does the xvideo extension work properly with that
driver for you?  Redhat 8.0's trident driver seems to be somewhat broken
as well(but not apparently as broken as Debian's, as the only thing I had
trouble with was the xvideo extesion when playing DVDs on my 770X).  I
tried the driver above and it too seems to have broken xvideo support.

I found that the trident_drv.o from Redhat 7.3 actually does work - even
with DVDs.

My 770X has a Trident Microsystems Cyber 9397DVD.  I'm assuming the
770ED's use at least a similar chip.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  College Chemistry website: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/