[ltp] Re: [Alsa-devel] cs4236 on thinkpad 600e problem!

iriXx linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:17:34 +0000

ahhhhhhh this sounds soooo familiar
im interested in how you got the cs4236 goign in the first place, i
still havent got mine working yet... but i havent tried flashing the
BIOS either which apparently is the answer (im worried, cos im writing a
book and if i mess it up i turn my computer & contents including book
into an expensive doorstop!)....
i think the solution though for your problem is that windows tends to
like quick-booting.... and linux doesnt... so you need to disable quick
boot in the BIOS....
hope that helps

m~

Pannaga Bhushan wrote:
> Hi all,
>           I have a cs4236 chipset which was working fine till abt 5 days
> back. but now seems to have gone dead. i just cannot get any sound out
> of it at all.
>
> xmms seems to be playing on fine. the playing starts and goes on and
> stop but  i  dont hear anything at all.  mixers settings were checked
> and rechecked but to no avail.
>
> all i did in the intervening days was install windows on the same m/c !!
>
> Pls help!
>
> -PB

iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info@copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

  _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email