[ltp] Massive clock drift on new thinkpad R32

David Peterson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 01:40:46 +1100

Hi All,

Further to my posts of a couple of days ago, I have narrowed down the
source of the bug. It appears to be the apmd package (yep, I was rather
surprised too!). As I mentioned, I am using debian (testing), so
strictly speaking this could mean the apmd package or one of its
dependencies, eg libapm, etc. In any case, when I disable the apm
modules in /etc/modules.conf and restart, the problem disappears ...

I will lodge a bug report with debian, as well as testing the latest
(debian/unstable) version of apmd (and deps) to see if the problem still
persists.

Thanks again to all those who responded for your useful help and tips.

Regards,

David Peterson