[ltp] T21 Freezing coming out of suspend

Dale P. Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:57:45 -0500

Greetings List,

Recently, my T21 has starded freezing coming out of suspend.  I'm
certain it's the "disk that doesn't spin" problem.  My gkrellm is still
active and I can switch between screens using the fvwm pager.

I use readisafe.  My kernel is 2.4.19 with these apm options:

dsmith@sparky:/boot$ grep APM config-2.4.19-thinkpad.2
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
# CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

I'm not sure exactly when the problems started.  ABout 2-3 weeks ago.
Around that time there were quite a few major updates to my Debian Sid
system.  Glibc, apm, C++ libraries and lots of other stuff.

Today, I did a fresh upgrade of the bios.  It's an October 2002 update.
Haven't tried suspending yet.

My boss has a very similar system, and has had no problems.  He uses a
framebuffer conole though, while I use text. (We both use X11 4.2.?).

Any ideas?  What about hdparm settings?

Thanks!
   -Dale

--
Dale P. Smith
Senior Systems Consultant,      | Treasurer,