[ltp] cs4610/1 sound card on 600e, with mandrake 9.0 and alsa

Michael Asbridge linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:52:09 +0000

hi

I have a tp 600e with a CS4610/1 CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio card
I am using the alsa snd-cs46xx  and I have already tried using the
alternative equivalent oss
driver but neither works. Has anyone figure this one out yet - I saw a
post in the archives
from about a year ago with some one running mandradk 8.x and I am not
using mandrake 9.0 and still doesn't fix sound card issues.

on boot I see that alsa starts ok but then aumix fails directly
afterwards....

my modules.conf looks like this at the moment....

probeall usb-interface usb-uhci
alias sound-slot-0 snd-cs46xx
above snd-cs46xx snd-pcm-oss
alias char-major-10-219 mwave