[ltp] question about T30 compatibility

Kiko Piris linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:02:17 +0200

On 09/09/2002 at 14:41, Seth Kulick wrote:
> I've found examples of the S3 working with Linux okay, after getting the
> driver, but no such examples of the ATI Radeon 7500.   The redhat
> compatibility list gives it a "? Community Knowledge", which is why I'm
> a little concerned.

At work, I have a A31 that comes with an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 and it
works fine with XFree86 version 4.2 (unofficial packages for Debian
Sid). I've read that with the latest versions of RH it works fine
(because they come with XFree86 4.2).

It _does not_ work under XFree86 4.1.

> One other detail is that it doesn't come with a floppy, so the boot would
> have to be entirely through the CD - I've read of this working okay, though,
> so hopefully that won't be a problem.

"Mine" boots from CD with no problem at all.

> I know there's also an issue with the modem, judging by the recent email
> right after I signed up on the list, but I'll be using mostly an ethernet
> connection anyway.

The modem will surely be a winmodem, but pearhaps you're lucky and it is
supported. I was'nt lucky :(

No problems at all with ethernet (eepro100.o module).

Regards !

--
Kiko