[ltp] A31p modem driver

David Grindrod linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 18:58:20 +1200

I have an A31p running RedHat 7.3 and the only thing I cannot get to
work which I really want to work is the interneal modem. The built in
ethernet card works. I know this is well known as this modem is not
supported as it is winmodem. IBM are supposed to be working on this with
manufacturer but I have seen no progress on this in months.

I am looking at the possiblity of writing my own driver or trying to
make the linmodem package recognise and work with this device. I
wondered if anyone can point me at some places to getting started at
understanding how to do this and if anyone has started such a project. I
have basic programming experience and have an A31p to try it out.

Dave