[ltp] Asking help-- to install Linux(Redhat 7.3) on Thinkpad T30-2366-92J

Marcus Horstmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 13:10:01 +0200

lbj wrote:
> Hi, I am Baojie. I need your help.
>
> I want a Dual-os( windows & linux) for my Thinkpad T30-2366-92J
>
> So  I start to install  Linux(Redhat 7.3)  to it, which was
> pre-installed with Windows XP.
>
> During the installation, I was asked to make a boot-floppy for booting
> Linux.
>
> (This floppy is necessary for creating OS loader)
>
> But the slot was being occupied by CD-driver,
>
> I am afraid that replacing CD-driver with FDD at this stage will damage
> the PC or drivers.
>
> Would you kindly tell me how should I do?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Baojie

Hi Baojie,

this boot-floppy is NOT necessary, if you let it itstall the bootloader,
which works with Windows XP. So just skip its creation.

   Marcus