[ltp] Can anyone recommend a good network card...

Brad Stockdale linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:42:08 -0400 (EDT)

I like the 3Com 3C589 series, personally... I have a half dozen of them --
different models, ages, etc etc... They all work like a charm.

If you do get an X-Jack models, make sure that you plug a full cat5 (all 8
pins) in instead of the 10BaseT only ones, where not all the pins are on
the cable ends... I screwed my card up by doing that one time, and I never
could get the card contacts bent back into a normal shape... Other than
that, the X-Jack ones works fine... They are supposedly tested to hold 90
pounds, at which time the card case supposedly breaks instead of the
actual x-jack...

Brad