[ltp] Modem on A22p with RH 8.0

Andrey Yurovsky linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:39:06 -0700

Bluecurve is the name for their new common "theme" for both KDE and
Gnome.  It involves a set of (ugly IMO) icons, placement of said icons,
and on the gnome side a window frame and GTK theme, plus a nautilus
theme.  Essentially you pick Gnome or KDE and use Bluecurve in either
one, they don't have a 'clean' gnome/KDE install in the distribution.

I found that I like the new Gnome but I did not like RedHat's ugly icons
and themes so I am manually changing various look-and-feel things back
to how they should be.  I head KDE people are complaining along the same
lines.

And on the topic of the modem... Thank you to the person who posted
"modemmadness.txt" -- I may be able to get a working modem on my 600E
afterall.

Also, I booted into Windows and ran the IBM config utility and disabled
Trackpoint, my system boots fine every time now since it no longer
checks that device I guess.  So thank you to whoever suggested I do that
(I assumed it would not go BIOS-level).  Why couldn't they have just
included the ability to disable trackpoint in the BIOS configuration?  I
can hold off on repairs now and use a PS/2 mouse until I have more money
: )

	-Andrey