[ltp] Hibernation with Xircom card inserted

Matthias Posseldt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:41:01 +0200

On Monday 14 October 2002 11:31, Jan Frey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using a Thinkpad A30p with Xircom CardBus RealPort Modem.
> Kernel version is 2.4.19 and I'm utilizing APM.
> Without that PCMCIA modem inserted, Suspend (via Fn+F4 and
> apm -s) works fine, hibernation (via Fn+F12) does as well.
> If the modem is inserted and I'm pressing the Fn key combination
> I just get a beep sound and no suspend occurs.
> If I do a "cardctl suspend" before everything works fine again...

My A30p would not suspend or sleep either when PCMCIA cards are inserted.
This is intended behaviour I think, or at least not uncommon.

I remember to have read something about that most PCMCIA communication
devices cannot be put to suspend because they cannot restore their
previous state.

You can utilize the apmd and apm_proxy script to execute commands before
suspending or sleeping or hibernating.

Ciao, Matthias