[ltp] Hibernation with Xircom card inserted

Jan Frey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:52:35 +0000

Hi,

> My A30p would not suspend or sleep either when PCMCIA cards are
> inserted. This is intended behaviour I think, or at least not uncommon.
>
> I remember to have read something about that most PCMCIA communication
> devices cannot be put to suspend because they cannot restore their
> previous state.

Well, at least my Xircom seems to able to do that. (cardctl suspend)

> You can utilize the apmd and apm_proxy script to execute commands befor=
> suspending or sleeping or hibernating.

Problem is, that pressing the Fn+F4/F12 combinations does not raise any
events for apmd, when my PCMCIA card is inserted. (Probably BIOS is=20
blocking it, thinking, there is no way of putting the card to sleep?)

Best regards
Jan
--=20
Jan Frey                      email: jfrey@informatik.uni-kl.de
Beethovenstr. 23              phone: 0631/3609818  0175/1241106
D-67655 Kaiserslautern        fax  : 089/244314160