[ltp] Sound higher frequency garbled

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
19 Oct 2002 20:19:06 -0500

+---------- On Oct 19, Zhenlei Cai said:
> I tried Mandrake 8.2 and RedHat 7.3 on A31. They all use i810_audio module as
> driver for sound, MP3 play is OK for low or medium frequency tunes.
> But compared to MP3 playing on Windows, the higher frequencies are all
> garbled, or broken. Makeing the sound unusable.
> Has anyone else noticed this?

I noticed a similar problem on my A30p when running Redhat 7.2 (I think
it was 7.2). Sometimes, but not always, I could work around the problem
by reloading the i810_audio module with option "clocking=11050", as I recall.
Since upgrading to Redhat 8.0 a couple of weeks ago, I haven't noticed
the problem.