[ltp] Hard disk shutdown

Ted Johansson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:02:27 +0200

I have checked the /var/log/* files, and if some program writes to the
disk, the file date/times should reflect this, but no. I am not sure how
much ram is "too little", but there is 256 MB in my machine.

Is there any other way to check what applicaitons access the disk. I
found disk I/O howto pages
(http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~mukesh/hacks/spindown/x152.html) but this
requires re-building the kernel, and I am not too happy about this,
however it is an option.

Any suggestions what init.d daemons that may trigger disk access, and I
will try switching them off? I already tried turning autofs off, but no
difference.

Regards,    Ted