[ltp] R31 : No Trackpoint/Keyboard after Screenblank

IBM ThinkPad linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:32:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Felix Roeser wrote:

> i'm running debian sid on my r31 and when i use fn+f3 for screenblanking
> (or i the bios turn off there screen) i've no keyboard or trackpoint
> after reanimating the screen :( when i then do a standby by closing the
> display and reopening it it's working... does andybody have a clue what
> to do ?

it's a bug in the apm bios, see my page for a little discussion

http://www.axu.de/steff/

you could try to reinitialize the keyboard/mouse by software after
screenblanking, but i don't know how.

> btw did somebody get hibernation to work ? i tried this ibm tool to
> create the hibernation file and it ist on my fat partition, but fn+f12
> does nothing (with or without x) :(

there's even someone who tried the "swsup" kernel patch (see my page for
links), but he didn't succeed. but i think the swsup-thing will have more
success than any bios-triggered suspend/hibernation function because it is
hardware independent.

best regards,

 steph