[ltp] Linux on a MWAVE TP 760XD

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:17:05 -0400

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:06:36 -0400
"Colgrove, George" <George.Colgrove@state.vt.us> wrote:

> What is the fastest route to get the mwave device in my 760XD to work in
> Linux?

Toss the 760XD and buy a different Thinkpad? :)

> I've done a search in google, but only turned up some DOS hack
> methods.  I would rather not boot to DOS first before loading Linux.
> Are there any drivers that I can install?

I had a 760XD before I bought this 600, and there were no Linux drivers
for the mwave (modem OR sound) for the 760XD.

To top it off, I never got that DOS hack to work right either - so the
only sound I ever got out of my 760XD was from the system beep or a CD.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  College Chemistry website: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/