[ltp] Linux on a MWAVE TP 760XD

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 07:59:03 -0400

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:21:31 +0400
Victor Wagner <vitus@ice.ru> wrote:

> It is interesting - I'm still under impression that CD audio playing
> doesn't work on 760ED without some mwave support. How do you play audio
> CDs on 760? Do you use headphones or builtin speakers?

On my old 760XD I literally just put in a CD and played it with Gnome's CD
player.  It worked through the speakers or the headphone jack.

I didn't install any drivers because there simply weren't any drivers to
install.  As for why it worked, maybe the sound setup on the 760 is like a
regular sound card in that you don't actually need any drivers installed
to play CDs.  All the sound hardware has to do is control the volume, and
the 760XD has a hardware volume control silder.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  College Chemistry website: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/