[ltp] R31 : No Trackpoint/Keyboard after Screenblank

Felix Röser linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:14:19 +0200

Hi Steph,

> http://www.axu.de/steff/
good page :) thanks for specially for the ide hints.

> you could try to reinitialize the keyboard/mouse by software after
> screenblanking, but i don't know how.
same for me :( but this must be the trick, because i tried an usb
keyboard and mouse and they continue to work... and i think linux is
reinitializing all usb devices.

>>btw did somebody get hibernation to work ? i tried this ibm tool to
> there's even someone who tried the "swsup" kernel patch (see my page for
> links), but he didn't succeed. but i think the swsup-thing will have more
> success than any bios-triggered suspend/hibernation function because it is
> hardware independent
i think this hibernation should be no problem if the bios would work
accurate, because on my old notebook hibernation worked perfectly und i
didn't have to set something up in linux.

so, we have to wait for acpi or an bios update. this is bad :(

Felix