[ltp] Hard disk shutdown

Ted Johansson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:58:31 +0200

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Just a final report. I tested by stopping the different daemons running
and after some testing, I think I can have the disk stopped for
extensive time when I am not doing anything, which was my goal. <br>
A couple of days more testing before I am really satisfied. &nbsp;I think
syslog, at (?), cups, postfix and maybe autofs (only doing it for a
network drive, so probably not) are the main contributors to disk
activity, and of course ext3.<br>
Thanks for all the help and comments!<br>
/Ted<br>
Ted Johansson wrote:<br>
  <title></title>
*** List MOVED use <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org">linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org</a> for future
postings *** I have 256 MB real memory, shouldn't this be
enough?<br>
Are there any major changes in the new Mandrake 9.0 that causes my
troubles? I have not tested noflushd with another distribution.<br>
Regards, &nbsp; Ted<br>
IBM ThinkPad wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.LNX.4.40.0210221227140.8614-100000@t28a301.tennessee.uni-karlsruhe.de">
    <pre wrap="">*** List MOVED use <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org">linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org</a> for future postings ***