[ltp] PCMCIA problem

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 10:28:16 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I just installed a Debian on a Thinkpad 600E with a Xircom (modem+ethernet)
PCMCIA card. I think the debian distrib it is a Potato, anyway it is
provided with a 2.2.20 kernel and everything worked fine.

Then I upgraded to woody and took a 2.4.18 kernel (the one provided with the
distribution, I did not recompile it), but I can't load the i82365 module
anymore...

I also tried to recompile a 2.4.19-ac4 kernel, but the system could not
load (pretending / was not ext2), I also tried to recompile a 2.4.18-ac4
to get pnpbios with no success for getting the i82365 to load...

If I try yenta-socket instead, the module loads fine, then I load ds.o and
xirc2ps_cs, and when I try a ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.3, I get a SIGIO error.

Could someone help me?

Benjamin