[ltp] Modem on A22p with RH 8.0

Stephen Gregory linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:56:21 -0800 (PST)

James,

Thank you. when I first read your reply I didn't catch the -f option on
insmod. However, I have now forced the loads and my modem works. Reading
about the consequences of "kernel tainting" certainly seems to suggest
that it may cause the end of the world, but so far I haven't noticed
anything dire.

Steve Gregory