[ltp] DHCP- releasing/renewing IP addresses

Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:16:46 +0100

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:06:56 -0500, Shane Grantham wrote:
> What command does one use to renew and release a DHCP address? I
> thought it might be ifconfig, but haven't found the correct format
> for it. I was thinking there might be a similiar command as in
> Windows like ipconfig/release.

Ifconfig has nothing to do with DHCP. It only changes the IP of the
interface, the DHCP server won't know anything about this. I have to
use a DHCP client for this. I have pump installed and I found this in
the man page:

-r       --release             Release interface

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG