[ltp] PCMCIA problem

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:05:24 +0100 (MET)

Thank you for all the advices...
I am somehow discouraged by this thinkpad. Since sunday, I used the following
procedure and everything seemed to work fine:

switch 600E on with xircom card plugged
boot linux
insmod pcmcia_core.o
insmod yenta-socket.o
insmod ds.o
cardmgr -C /etc/pcmcia/config-2.4

these modules come from the 2.4.18-686 precompiled debian kernel package.

Then suddenly, this morning, it hangs when I start cardmgr...
I cannot figure out why it works "sometimes, but not always" : the procedure is
always the same !!!!

I have just tried with a pcmcia EtherlinkIII card and now it works (same
procedure as above)...  Is this a problem with xircom cards?

Benjamin