[ltp] How?: Trackpoint USB keyboard in linux

Boyan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:32:59 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

thanks for the suggestion Rob! Now the Trackpoint mouse
works perfectly, even the 3rd button scroll with the "EmulateWheel" option
in XF86Config. However, it worked only after adding a second InputDevice
mouse[1] with protocol imps/2 in the X configuration file.

The keyboard still has no sign of working, although it seem to be
recognised and reported on the HUB information. USB keyboard is enabled in
the BIOS and at boottime the numlock flashes for a moment. Then when linux
starts it is like dead. I wonder if a similar trick of adding a 2nd
InputDevice keyboard[1] in XF86Config would work? The problem is I do not
know what Protocol to use for the USB keyboard and what Option "XkbModel"
and Option "Device"?

Regards,
Boyan