[ltp] Re: Linux Preloaded Thinkpad WAS ( Partially killed my TP: Quick question)

waisse linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 14:13:18 +0200

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 23:16, you wrote:
> I did not know you could buy a Thinkpad with Linux.
  The same for me.
> Well you cannot in the UK.=20
 U can't in France too.

>In fact your software  warranty is invalidated as soon as you
> put a second operating system on the machine.
 Sure ?
 Where did you read it ?

> It would be really nice if IBM did support Linux on the laptops.=20
>I have an A31p and there was no choice about having Linux on it when I=20
>purchased it. I had to install myself although not a problem. Everything=
=20
>works apart from the internal modem.
 Internal soft modem works for me on 770x, but I have to have no
PCMCIA cards int the TP while using it?

>  It would be nice howver if it was possible  to buy a fully
> supported Linux Thinkpad.

 Fully supported and preloaded with GNU/Linux, in Europe.

 It's the same for desktops.
 In the United States, Walmat sells Mandake GNU/Linux peloaded PCs but
don't ship n Europe, and no one in Europe sells Linux preloaded PCs.