[ltp] Mwave Modem Monitor

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
04 Sep 2002 12:03:43 +0200

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 18:48, Martin Bright wrote:
> Thomas Hood's
> page says something about an ALSA mixer setting which should allow the
> modem noise to get through, but I can't find the appropriate thing
> (probably because I've got a 600E and it's ever so slightly different).

On my page
   http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm
I say:
  If you are using the ALSA sound drivers then to hear
  the dialup cacaphony you must set the "DSP input"
  volume up high and enable the IEC-958
  (a.k.a. 'S/PDIF') output.

These controls are available, e.g., in the GNOME ALSA mixer, gamix.

--
Thomas