[ltp] Debian on a 560X

aaron james enright linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:59:44 -0500 (CDT)

Hello, all.

I am pretty new to this list.  I looked a little through the archives and
was unable to find info on this, so forgive me if I am asking the alredy
answered.

I have a 560X with RedHat 7.3 on it.  Things are working wonderfully, and
this naturally bores me (just a wee bit).  It's time for a new adventure
on this laptop.

I would like to give Debian a spin.  I looked at the online
installation documenation and searched through Google a bit, but have not
been able to find much to inform my needs.

I'm looking to install via a pcmcia cdrom.  How does one go about this?
The information I have come across is either vague or (somewhat)
contradictory.

Furthermore, if anyone out there has installed Debian on a 560X, your
configuration tips would be greatly appreciated.

Have a swell day!
-aaron

"My coffee was beginning to wear off and with it the momentary illusion it gives
that things are Right and life is Good."
James Thurber, "The Black Magic of Barney Haller"