[ltp] Debian on a 560X

Paul Timmins linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
04 Sep 2002 15:28:26 -0400

I have done so. Debian woody is running on my 560 (just the normal
model) right now, and I used to own a 560x that I installed slackware
4.0 on back in the day, so while I can't do a writeup on the 560x, shoot
me some questions and I can answer them, since as any slackware user
knows, at least with the older versions, you really need to know your
hardware to use it :-)
-Paul

On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 14:59, aaron james enright wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> I am pretty new to this list.  I looked a little through the archives and
> was unable to find info on this, so forgive me if I am asking the alredy
> answered.
>
> I have a 560X with RedHat 7.3 on it.  Things are working wonderfully, and
> this naturally bores me (just a wee bit).  It's time for a new adventure
> on this laptop.
>
> I would like to give Debian a spin.  I looked at the online
> installation documenation and searched through Google a bit, but have not
> been able to find much to inform my needs.
>
> I'm looking to install via a pcmcia cdrom.  How does one go about this?
> The information I have come across is either vague or (somewhat)
> contradictory.
>
> Furthermore, if anyone out there has installed Debian on a 560X, your
> configuration tips would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Have a swell day!
> -aaron

> "My coffee was beginning to wear off and with it the momentary illusion it gives
> that things are Right and life is Good."
> James Thurber, "The Black Magic of Barney Haller"

Paul Timmins
paul@timmins.net / http://www.timmins.net/
H: 248-379-7826 / C: 248-761-0467 / DC: 130*116*24495
A: noweb4u / R: KC8QAY