[ltp] Debian on a 560X

Fabrice Planchon linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 05:12:29 +0200

On Wed Sep 04 2002 at 01:59:44PM -0500, aaron james enright wrote:

> I'm looking to install via a pcmcia cdrom.  How does one go about this?
> The information I have come across is either vague or (somewhat)

you might want to ask on the debian-laptop mailing list, surely
somebody will have done such an installation if it's doable.

> Furthermore, if anyone out there has installed Debian on a 560X, your
> configuration tips would be greatly appreciated.

I am running debian testing right now. Installed over the network
(thus, via a pcmcia network card). It went smoothly, you just have to
pay attention to the order in which you do things. But I figure if you
are doing this out of boredom, you know what you are doing ;-)
Also, you want to stick to XFree 3.3.6, I couldn't get 4.1 to work
properly at 800x600. With a recompiled kernel, I have sound and
suspend/hibernate working (might work with the stock debian kernel,
but I prefer to compile my own).

                       F.