[ltp] linuxiso problem slightly OT

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:04:17 -0500

Jim Redmond wrote:

> Bert Haskins wrote:
> >  I have been trying to download some of the ISO files from linuxiso.com.
> How are you trying to download?  Through a Web browser, FTP, or some
> other means?  And which distro's ISOs?

I have successfully DLed all of RH 7.3 using Netscape about 1/3 of the time the
DL would stop at 98% and some times I could resume by trying again.
When it did resume, the first 98% would go at very high rates and then it would
finish.
I have a cable modem so my normal speed it about 30k/sec

> > Some of the time, like right now, the download goes along perfectly except that it
> > stops at 98%.
> > The actual mesage is Status: 662616k of 662624k(at 29.7K/sec)
> > It just sits there and won't finish.
> How long does it take you to get to that point?  The connection might be
> timing out, on one end or the other.

It's very steady, slightly over 100M per hour right up to the 98% point and
then it stops!
I am now trying Idman306, which may solve the problem.
I'll let you know if it does.
Thanks, Bert