[ltp] Trying to set up TP560 for debian - SODIMM problem

Thu, 05 Sep 2002 19:16:41 -0700

My TP560 (2640-10U) has been sitting idle for a while until I got my 64MB SODIMM today.  I plug it in and fire up the laptop, but it recognizes only 40MB total (8 + 32).  I updated the BIOS to v1.20 and I believe I followed the instructions (including clicking on "Initialize"), but the laptop still maxes out at 40MB.

I checked the 64MB and I'm led to believe it should work.  Well, it does say "8Mx64" on a sticker and there are 4 IC's on one side for non-parity.

Is there anything else I should do?  I really want to run a desktop environment on the 560, and debian (woody) recommends 64MB minimum.

Thanks.