[ltp] slow boot with hibernation file

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
07 Sep 2002 19:46:18 +1200

Removing the start up password had no effect.  The splash screen shows,
then the hard disk and floppy disk lights come on steadily for about a
minute, and then the lilo menu shows.

Renaming the hibernation file (with no other changes) removes the wait,
and the boot happens within a few seconds.

Any thoughts?

Bret