[ltp] t30 modem

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 09:38:50 -0400

Hi,

The modem in the T30 is a Lucent/Agere Softmodem.  As far as I know, th=
ere
is no linux support yet.  IBM is working with Agere to support them whi=
le
they write the driver.
See
http://www.linuxcare.com/labs/certs/ibm/thinkpad/a31p/rh73.epl
for a little more info, as the A31p has the same modem as the T30.

Pam

                                                                       =
                                                                       =
   =20
                      Ted Johansson                                    =
                                                                       =
   =20
                      <Ted.Johansson@pobox.        To:       linux-thin=
kpad@www.bm-soft.com                                                   =
   =20
                      com>                         cc:                 =
                                                                       =
   =20
                      Sent by:                     Subject:  Re: [ltp] =
t30 modem                                                              =
   =20
                      owner-linux-thinkpad@                            =
                                                                       =
   =20
                      bm-soft.com                                      =
                                                                       =
   =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
   =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
   =20
                      09/07/2002 06:33 PM                              =
                                                                       =
   =20
                      Please respond to                                =
                                                                       =
   =20
                      linux-thinkpad                                   =
                                                                       =
   =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
   =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
   =20

l=F6r 2002-09-07 klockan 23.34 skrev Norman Levin:
> Nelson Hogg wrote:
> >> Any hints on how to get the winmodem on the t30 to work with linux=

> >> (Mandrake, specifically).
> >> Thanks, Nelson

> >> The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
> >> http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html
> And what modem is it?  I have a t23 that has a lucent AMR modem.
> There is NO support for this modem.  I use a pccard modem.
> There ARE Lucent modems that have drivers - just have to hunt
> on lucent site.
> norm

My T21 has a Lucent modem with excellent driver "ltmodem", works
excellent.

Just curious about the T30, looked at
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ibm.html to find out what modem there i=
in a T30, but no success. Can You identify the modem, e.g. by doing a
'lspci' command and check the output for anything useful?

#1 place for information about modem drivers is then
http://www.linmodems.org/

Regards,   Ted

=