[ltp] Multiple Monitors in Linux on TP

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:27:45 +0200

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 12:10:25 -0400, Tod Harter wrote:
> On Thursday 08 August 2002 17:59, you wrote:
> > Rob,
> >
> > Yes, XFree86 supports Xinerama, which allows for multiple monitors
> > with multiple resolutions to be connected side-by-side. I never
> > owned a laptop which supported it, but I know it works like a charm
> > on Matrox dual-head cards.
>
> Well, I know that on my A20p Xinerama is one of the extensions that
> supposedly loads. I have no idea if it actually works, or how to
> configure it, but according to my XServer log it gets initialized...

The Xinerama is loaded per default on most XFree86 4 installations.
This is no indication for the ability to use more than one display. To
be able to do this you need more than one graphics
board or a dual head capable graphics chip that is supported by
XFree86 (I am not really sure about the latter).

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG