[ltp] question about T30 compatibility

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:32:14 -0400

Well, you've got a couple of options.

If you go to the page below, and you look on the left hand side, in the
blue column, you'll see the following links:   Online publications, Parts
information and Product Information.  The hardware maintenance manual is
usually listed under one of those, and for the most part they have enough
information.  Also, you can contact the sales centers by phone and ask your
questions.  They should have all of that information available to them,
although I'm not sure if it only covers current products or not.

Also, we've worked with Linuxcare to get certifications for various models
posted.  One of the pages of the certification is the System Information,
where they list the output of things like lspci.  You can find this here:

http://www.linuxcare.com/labs/certs/ibm.epl

Hopefully this is enough information to get you what you need.  If not,
please let me know, and I'll see what else I can do.

Thanks,
Pam

                      Tino Keitel
                      <tino.keitel@innomina        To:       linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
                      te.com>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                     Subject:  Re: [ltp] question about T30 compatibility
                      owner-linux-thinkpad@
                      bm-soft.com

                      09/10/2002 10:19 AM
                      Please respond to
                      linux-thinkpad

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 09:58:17 -0400, Pam Huntley wrote:

> Depends on what you mean by model.  If you mean the 7 digit machine type
> and model on the bottom of the computer (the one that isn't the serial
> number, ie 2647-5SU), then yes.
>
> You need all 7 digits to get the exact computer configuration.
>
> Once you know that, you can go to http://www.pc.ibm.com/support, enter
the
> number, and know what exactly is (or was) shipped on that particular MTM.
>
> Pam

This is the result of a search request:
http://www.pc.ibm.com/support?lang=en_US&doctype=Hot+news&subtype=Cat&page=brand&menu=model&brand=IBM+ThinkPad&family=IBM+ThinkPad%7CThinkPad+A20p&machineType=IBM+ThinkPad%7CThinkPad+A20p%7C2629&model=IBM+ThinkPad%7CThinkPad+A20p%7C2629%7C6UG

This information is not very detailed. I can not see how I could get
the rest of the configuration details. I am especially interested in
the network/modem hardware that is used in a particular model.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG