[ltp] 600E and RedHat Linux 7.3 questions

Andrey Yurovsky linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
11 Sep 2002 20:16:15 -0700

hello.  I have a ThinkPad 600E and RedHat Linux 7.3 and I would like to
get my built-in modem working with the mwave driver and userspace
application, and possibly also the thinkpad tools for linux.  Is there a
FAQ I can read for RH 7.3 users or something of the sort?  Or could
someone who has done this talk me through the process?

So far I'm having no luck following the directions that come with the
mwavem tarball (also posted on the project site).  I compiled it but the
mwavem module won't load.  The modem works fine from Windows.

Also it seems that battery life is far worse than in Windows -- is there
a way to set it up for better power management?

Thanks,

	-Andrey