[ltp] FYI - Linuxcare T30 certification now available.

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:27:22 -0400

Hi,

Suspend to memory should be covered under the "Advanced Power Managemen=
t"
section, in the Configuration and Installation page.
You'll note in the SuSE 8.0 report, that additional work was required t=
get apm working correctly.

According to Linuxcare, they just test suspend to memory, and not suspe=
nd
to disk.   However I do believe several solutions for suspend to disk h=
ave
been posted to this mailing list.

Based on your input, I'll talk with Linuxcare about possibly adding
specific wording for suspend to the power management section.  I'll hav=
e to
run it by my management as well, but I think it's probably a good
suggestion to specifically talk about suspend, and not just about apm
support in general.

Thanks,
Pam

                                                                       =
                                                                       =
    =20
                      Christian Zoz                                    =
                                                                       =
    =20
                      <zoz@suse.de>                To:       linux-thin=
kpad@www.bm-soft.com                                                   =
    =20
                      Sent by:                     cc:                 =
                                                                       =
    =20
                      owner-linux-thinkpad@        Subject:  Re: [ltp] =
FYI - Linuxcare T30 certification now available.                       =
    =20
                      bm-soft.com                                      =
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
    =20
                      09/12/2002 01:09 AM                              =
                                                                       =
    =20
                      Please respond to                                =
                                                                       =
    =20
                      linux-thinkpad                                   =
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
    =20

On Wed, Sep 11, Pam Huntley wrote:
> Just FYI, the Linuxcare T30 certification is now available.  It cover=
Red
> Hat Linux 7.3 and SuSE 8.0.
>
> http://www.linuxcare.com/labs/certs/ibm/thinkpad/t30/index.epl

Don't you test powermanagement as well?
I can't find anything about suspension in the test report.

--

ciao, christian

        "Na sch=F6n, was sollen wir also tun, wenn wir von irgendwas
     Lebensgef=E4hrlichem gebissen werden?" fragte ich.
        Er sah mich an, als sei ich bescheuert.
        "Na, was machen Sie dann wohl" sagte er. "Sie sterben.
     Was denn sonst? Deshalb hei=DFt es ja lebensgef=E4hrlich."
   ------------- Douglas Adams: Die Letzten ihrer Art --------------