[ltp] T21 /dev/ttyS0

Cheryl Homiak linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:50:46 -0500 (CDT)

If it's like my t23 you have to disable the infrared and enable and turn on the
serial port. this can be done in the bios, but also can be done with the
thinkpad utilities for dos.
ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbs/mobilet/utpcdos.exe
The file when executed extracts onto a floppy. Once I had all of these files,
the following worked to turn on my serial port.

ps2 serial on
ps2 sera enable
I don't see the command there to disable the infrared, but once i had all the
right files this did aparently work. I would imagine that the linux thinkpad
utilities would also do this, though I'm not sure if you'd have to use a kernel
with pnpbios support or not to get this function to work.

Cheryl