[ltp] XFree86 4.X on 760XL ... i only get a mess on screen !??

Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:08:29 +0200

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 18:49:56 +0200, Florian Krohs wrote:
> hi *
> * Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@innominate.com> [17-09-02 17:01]:
> > Does it look like "out of sync"?
> >
> i dont know how it looks like on an lcd if it is out of sync.
> maybe it is. but i also tried to use different monitor settings.
> but its all the same.

Regarding to the technical reference, the 760XL uses an cyber9385 chip.
My 765L also uses a 9385. I had only problems with XFree86 4.0.1, which
doesn't reconginzed the correct LCD size, but since 4.0.2 it works
without basic problems. If someone on this list using a 760XL can send
you his XF86Config, you could test it. If there isn't someone, I could
also send you the config file for my 765L (1024x768 LCD) so you can
adopt it to your 800x600 LCD.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG