[ltp] T30 on-disk recovery

Ross Patterson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:09:51 -0400

On Thursday 19 September 2002 12:14 am, Richard Neill wrote:
> [If you ask IBM, they will send you a CDROM, should
> you need it.]

Which you absolutely should do, and sooner rather than later.  Because ...

> In summary - this isn't nearly as bad as it sounds :-)

... the only times I've ever needed one of those recovery CD-ROMs was when
the hard-drive died without warning.  Granted, it hasn't happened yet with
any of our ThinkPads, but it's happened often enough with other reputable
manufacturers' equipment.  So I'd say it *is* as bad as it sounds.
--
Ross A. Patterson
CatchFIRE Systems, Inc.