[ltp] ALSA on tp600e

Zinx Verituse linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:35:17 -0500

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 12:16:51PM -0500, Zinx Verituse wrote:
[snip]

> > What, did they break something? What problems are you seeing? I'm using
> > an older ALSA 0.9.0-beta12 on a 600E and I have everything working just
> > fine. I'm using snd-cs4236 instead of snd-cs4232 and my options line is
> > the same as yours with the addition of snd_cport=0x538 snd_sb_port=0x220
> > snd_fm_port=0x388 snd_enable=1. I don't have snd_isapnp=0 because I
> > build the modules with the ALSA_NOPNP=y environment variable set so
> > there's no PNP stuff to disable. Now this is on Debian Woody, not RH 7.3
> > but the ALSA setup should be very similar, as long as the hardware has
> > the same settings.
> >
> > wes
> >

> Here, at least, ALSA 0.9.0-rc3 causes a NULL pointer dereference, then
> leaves the kernel in an unusable state (only sysrq-B does anything worth
> mentioning)  I'll be trying CVS later today, and if that doesn't work,
> I'll try out beta12, and report it to the alsa list.
>
> By the way, does anyone know if ALSA plans to support the cs4610/11 that's
> in thinkpad 600E's natively?  Also, am I correct in thinking the reason they
> aren't right now is because the thing's attached to a cs4239 instead of a
> ac97 like most of the cs4610/11's?

Update on this.. It seems all versions were causing a NULL pointer
dereference, because alsa wasn't picking up the #define CONFIG_PM
from linux/autoconf.h (it wasn't including it, i'm running 2.4.x
and compiling separate).  Adding the include fixed this, and 0.9.0rc3
seems to be working fine so far :)

--
Zinx Verituse