[ltp] Re: DVD Movie on T30 w/o AC

Jean-Sebastien Morisset linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 15:25:30 -0400

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 09:29:11PM -0400, Jean-Sebastien Morisset wrote:

[snip!]
> Anyway, a nice bonus would be to use the laptop during our flights to
> watch a movie. I haven't tested it yet, but I expect the battery won't
> last the necessary 2-3 hrs (mpeg decoding, dvd drive access, and lcd
> combined must suck a lot of juice).
[snip!]

FYI folks - I ran a little test and got 106 mins off the battery. I set
the CPU speed to medium (T30 model 236692U), DVD drive to silent/slow,
stopped every process I could, and turned down the backlight a touch
(using Fn-End - BIOS setting was set to normal).

LateR!
js.
--
Jean-Sebastien Morisset, Sr. UNIX Administrator <jsmoriss@mvlan.net>