[ltp] [Slightly OT] T20 Memory

Nigel Metheringham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
24 Sep 2002 13:48:11 +0100

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 13:27, Terry Churchill wrote:
> Does anyone know what memory the T20 uses? I've got my eye on some cheap
> 256meg 144 Pin SODIMMS. They are avaliable in PC100 & PC133 versions, which
> one should I get?

Let me introduce you to Crucial's memory selector:-

	http://www.crucial.com/
or since you appear to be UK based:-
	http://www.crucial.com/uk/

This lets you identify what memory you need, how much the system takes,
how it needs to be arranged etc - and they are normally fairly
competitively priced (bearing in mind that their stuff normally works
and they accept returns).

Kingston have a similar tool (but they don't deliver in the UK and so I
tend to use and love the crucial one).

The answer in your case appears to be the T20 can take up to 2 SODIMMs,
PC100, up to 256MB per SODIMM.  However there are (at least) 2 models of
T20 although they appear to take the same modules.

[Not associated with crucial other than as a very happy customer]

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@InTechnology.co.uk ]