Fwd: RE: [ltp] A30p: How to disable hardware interfaces

Matthias Posseldt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:18:54 +0200

 Have you had any luck with the a30p and tpctl and hibernation? I can't
 get anywhere on the a31p with hibernation, i believe it is because of the
 same problem.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Posseldt
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sent: 9/23/02 5:49 PM
Subject: [ltp] A30p: How to disable hardware interfaces

Hello all,

I have a new A30p which runs Linux perfectly (only modem isn't
supported).
Under Windows 2000 I can easily disable the hardware interfaces like
serial port, parallel port or IrDA. At least IrDA uses energy, don't
know
whether serial/parallel use energy too if not used?

So I want to disable them under Linux too, but tpctl fails because it
cannot modprobe the superio.o module. It seems that the A30p doesn't use

such a superio chipset any longer. So is there a different way? Or is it

disabled as long as I don't insert a parport or serial module?

Ciao, Matthias