[ltp] Hibernation, dead hard drive reads

Zinx Verituse linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:24:48 -0500

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 09:55:45AM +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:

[snip a bunch of stuff]

> How about this:
>
> scorpion@thinkpad:/home/scorpion$ cat /usr/local/bin/hibernate
> #!/bin/sh
> export TERM=vt100
>
> /usr/bin/sudo /sbin/cardctl suspend
> /usr/bin/tpctl --hibernate
>
> Now I can create a hotkey and a menu item in in my WindowMaker menu and
> hibernate.

Yeah, this is what I was doing more or less, except I was also
making sure the mwaved got shut off -- I was experiencing things
getting stuck in the 'D' state when they read the hard drive
right after a resume with this setup, as I said.. I've hibernated
with the button a few times now, and it seems to work great,
nothing gets stuck in the D state.

[snip stuff about debian/RH, system info]

--
Zinx Verituse