[ltp] Mandrake 9.0 on a T23

Paul R Streitman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:52:54 -0400

The driver from s3 is quite old, and you would be better off using the
XFree 4.2.1 driver from Mandrake or getting the even newer driver from
http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html

For what it is worth, I am running Mandrake cooker (which is equivalent to
9.0 at the moment) with the driver from Tim Roberts on a T23 and xvidtune
says that I am getting 75.08 Hz vertical sync whether I use an external
monitor or not.

                                                                Paul
z/OS core components development
Internet: prs@us.ibm.com

                      Morten Lund
                      <m-lund@post8.tele.dk>              To:       linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-t        Subject:  [ltp] Mandrake 9.0 on a T23
                      hinkpad.org

                      09/26/02 06:54 AM
                      Please respond to
                      linux-thinkpad

Hi

I have just noticed that the new Mandrake 9.0 is out. I would like to
upgrade, but I know there might be some problems with my graphic card
(SuperSavage).

My main problem, last time I've installed, was that I was not able to get
more than 60 hertz on my erxternal CRT monitor. This was fixed by copying
the
s3 driver from s3's homepage.

Will this fix still work.?This time it is an Xfree 4.2.x

/Morten