[ltp] Mandrake 9.0 on a T23

Michael Reinsch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:52:58 +0200

Hi!

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:54:00 +0200
Morten Lund <m-lund@post8.tele.dk> wrote:

> My main problem, last time I've installed, was that I was not able to
> get more than 60 hertz on my erxternal CRT monitor. This was fixed by
> copying the s3 driver from s3's homepage.

I had the same problem with my T20 (which also has a savage gfx card) -
but it wasn't the driver, it seems to be the hardware: Only when using
CRT only (not LCD and CRT), I get a higher refresh rate.

Don't be confused if xvidtune tells you, that you are actually using a
higher refresh rate! This is not true if the LCD is used.

--
  Michael Reinsch <mr@uue.org>                       http://mr.uue.org